Rose Villa Children’s home rated Outstanding by Ofsted
- 25th September 2017
- Posted by: PathwayCare
- Category: Uncategorised
The inspection found the children’s home to be outstanding because:
- Young people make excellent progress given their starting points and complex needs.
- Young people fully engage in their care and with the day-to-day running of the home. They contribute through group discussions, attending review meetings, and reviewing their plans and assessments.
- Staff create an extremely caring and nurturing environment, providing the warmth and care that help build strong and trusting relationships.
- A continued reduction in risk-taking behaviour, such as going missing and self-harming, is attributable to excellent staff training, work in partnership and involvement of young people in understanding their own behaviour and safety.
- Staff work exceptionally well as a team, supported by a manager and a deputy manager who are motivated, passionate, and very experienced.
One health professional stated: ‘The home provides a very therapeutic and professional approach, it is excellent. Really good relationships benefit young people.’ Whilst one parent told the inspector ‘I can sum up her outcomes and care in one word – fabulous. She loves it here. She has developed so much. Staff give her all the support she needs.’